Normally I’m a law abiding citizen. But I do admit to having some burglar- erm, I mean expert treasure hunter– tendencies.
I raid from bookshelves. Borrow! I mean borrow.
I’ve found some enticing titles in the bookshelves of some other people. What bur-ah-expert treasure hunter can pass that up?
- I, Nuligak- This rare gem is from my brother’s bookshelf. It’s an Inuit’s autobiography, from the 1960s.
- The Journals of Kierkegaard- Apparently he too was a treasure hunter, although of a different sort.
- Josephus (‘Autobiography’ and sections from ‘Jewish War’)- I’ve always wanted to get my hands on a Josephus! Now, as soon as no one is looking…
- The Master and Commander Series- I’ll have to raid both my brother’s bookshelf and my grandparents’ bookshelf for this. There are also quite a few books in this series. It’ll be a challenge, but I think I’m up for it!
- War and Peace- I hope to rob, read, and return without my aunt noticing. However, rumour has it that this is a real brick of a book, and in the time it takes me to read it someone might notice the gap in the bookshelf. I’m taking a risk, here. But what’s thievery without the thrill of danger?
But I never told you any of this, got it? If anyone asks, I’m a perfect little angel and I really don’t know where your missing books are.